Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Walk humbly with your God

Notes of meeting on 29 April 2014

Picture of Our Lady, graces flow from her like a golden liquid.

Micah 6 v 6-8

6 'With what shall I enter Yahweh's presence and bow down before God All-high? Shall I enter with burnt offerings, with calves one year old? 7 Will he be pleased with rams by the thousand, with ten thousand streams of oil? Shall I offer my eldest son for my wrong-doing, the child of my own body for my sin? 8 'You have already been told what is right and what Yahweh wants of you. Only this, to do what is right, to love loyalty and to walk humbly with your God.'

Matthew 11 v 25 - 30

25 At that time Jesus exclaimed, 'I bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and of earth, for hiding these things from the learned and the clever and revealing them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for that is what it pleased you to do. 27 Everything has been entrusted to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, just as no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 28 'Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.'

We thank you Lord for Mary who in her humility said 'yes' to you and she was filled with grace. May we be humble before you as Mary was. Help us carry our burdens and we pray for others who are burdened that they too may find your rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment