Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Theotokos Prayer Group update no.1

Dear Friends,


Just to confirm that due to the Corona virus the Prayer Meeting is suspended until further notice.
I would anticipate for at least 5 weeks. I will of course keep you updated.
In the meantime I hope to keep up a weekly bulletin, if you want to include anything please let me know.

Jesus Divine Physician have Mercy on us
Our Lady Health of the Sick pray for us



The National Service Committee have sent the prayer below and are also recommending praying Psalm 91 for protection of friends self and family.

The Healing Creed
I believe in Jesus Christ and in the power of His blood to heal (1 Peter 2:24).
He bore my griefs, carried my sorrows and pains, was wounded for my transgressions, crushed for my wickedness, the punishment for my well-being fell upon Him, and by His wounds I am healed (Isaiah 53:4-5).
I have been redeemed from the hand of the enemy (Psalm 107:2) - the thief, the devil who comes to steal, to kill, and to destroy (John 10:10) - and loosed from the contents within his hand, the curse (Galatians 3:13), and delivered from the spirit of fear and the power of death (Hebrews 2:14-15; 2 Timothy 1:7).
I am an ambassador of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20); as Jesus is, so am I on this earth (1 John 4:17). Like Him, I humbly walk in the power of the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) - love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. So that I can effectively carry out official kingdom business, such as to heal and be healed for His glory.
I possess His authority over satan and all of his wicked works (Luke 10:19), including sickness and disease. Therefore, no weapon formed against me shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17), nor will any plague come near my dwelling (Psalm 91:10).
I bless the sweet Lamb of God; I remember all of His benefits, who pardons all iniquities, heals all disease, redeems my life from destruction, crowns me with loving kindness and tender mercies, satisfies my mouth with good things, and renews my youth like the eagle’s (Psalm 103:1-5).
I am grateful that You are both able and willing (Luke 5:12-13) to heal me in spirit, soul, and body (1 Thessalonians 5:23). I partake of Your body and blood (John 6:35; 1 Corinthians 11:23–32) to restore health to me and to heal me of my wounds
(Proverbs 4:20–22) with Your healing balm of Gilead (Jeremiah 30:17; 8:22).
   
The Lord God is my great physician (Exodus. 15:26). His medical report declares (Isaiah 53) His Spirit gives life to my mortal body (Romans 8:11), and my faith makes me whole (Matthew. 9:22).
I accept His advice to choose life that I may live (Deuteronomy 30:19). I receive beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness (Isaiah 61:3). I take His medicine - laughter (Proverbs. 17:22) and joy for my strength (Nehemiah 8:10).
I heed His counsel and repent (1 John 1:9), rid myself of bitterness (Proverbs 17:22), forgive others (Matthew 6:14), and empower my faith by love (Galatians. 5:6).
With wisdom from on high (James 3:17) I activate the Sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17). With the realisation that I possess the power of life and death in my tongue (Proverbs 18:21) I exercise His authority (Luke 10:19). And I curse this sickness at its very root and seed (Mark 11:12–24) and say no disease will prosper in my body (Isaiah 54:17). When I am weak, I thank Him that He remains strong in me (2 Corinthians 12:9-11). And I boldly declare His abundant life, healing power, and supernatural strength to overtake my body (Romans 4:17; Isaiah 40:29,31) in Jesus’ name (John 14:13-14; 15:16; 16:23-24,26)




Psalm 91

Assurance of God’s Protection
1 You who live in the shelter of the Most High,
    who abide in the shadow of the Almighty,
2 will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress;
    my God, in whom I trust.”
3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
    and from the deadly pestilence;
4 he will cover you with his pinions,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
5 You will not fear the terror of the night,
    or the arrow that flies by day,
6 or the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
    or the destruction that wastes at noonday. 
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you.
8 You will only look with your eyes
    and see the punishment of the wicked. 
9 Because you have made the Lord your refuge
    the Most High your dwelling place,
10 no evil shall befall you,
    no scourge come near your tent. 
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways.
12 On their hands they will bear you up,
    so that you will not dash your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the adder,
    the young lion and the serpent you will trample under foot. 
14 Those who love me, I will deliver;
    I will protect those who know my name.
15 When they call to me, I will answer them;
    I will be with them in trouble,
    I will rescue them and honour them.
16 With long life I will satisfy them,
    and show them my salvation.


Please note that all Masses are suspended in England and Wales from Friday 20 March 2020




God bless you,
Stephen and Ann
http://theotokosprayergroup.blogspot.co.uk/ https://www.facebook.com/Theotokos-Prayer-Group-142398089120415/


No comments:

Post a Comment