Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Sunday 19 September 2021

Theotokos Prayer Group 2021 Update No 37

 “Whoever receives one child such as this in my name, receives me; and whoever receives me, receives not me but the One who sent me.”


Gospel – Mark 9:30-37
30 Jesus and his disciples left from there and began a journey through Galilee, but he did not wish anyone to know about it.
31 He was teaching his disciples and telling them, “The Son of Man is to be handed over to men and they will kill him, and three days after his death the Son of Man will rise.”
32 But they did not understand the saying, and they were afraid to question him.
33 They came to Capernaum and, once inside the house, he began to ask them, “What were you arguing about on the way?”
34 But they remained silent. They had been discussing among themselves on the way who was the greatest.
35 Then he sat down, called the Twelve, and said to them, “If anyone wishes to be first, he shall be the last of all and the servant of all.”
36 Taking a child, he placed it in their midst, and putting his arms around it, he said to them,
37 “Whoever receives one child such as this in my name, receives me; and whoever receives me, receives not me but the One who sent me.”

Do I serve God and others or just myself?
Do I receive those I meet as if I were receiving Jesus?
Do I want to be first, do I see everything as revolving around me?

Jesus grant me humility to be of service to you and others, help me see you in those around me and to see that not everything is about me. 

Picture
Picture of Our Blessed Mother, Her Immaculate Heart exposed.
“My Dear Children I speak to each of you individually from my Most Immaculate Heart with love and joy because you have cooperated so well with my many heartfelt requests.
But now my little ones, I ask you each in these most difficult times to redouble your efforts and fortify your souls with joyful prayer, you must shine like beacons in a dark world, and so in seeing you thus, others will be drawn to my Son Jesus their Saviour. When it seems almost impossible to be joyful, loving and kind turn immediately to the refuge of my Immaculate Heart and there you shall find a well of my motherly acts and in my Sons Divine Will these will fortify and fill you with grace to carry on. 
My adversary is strong but together we will quietly and in all humility without great fanfare demolish his strongholds and so my Son will set His people free. 
Prayer can move mountains, prayer can turn disaster on its heel and bring light into hopeless situations. My Heart is your sanctuary, my Heart is your refuge, my Heart will lead you always to truth and the ways of my Son Jesus.
My children you are precious and I carry you always in the refuge of my Heart ever leading you to Salvation, that is to my Son Jesus.
Mary”

Intercessions

Pray for Chantelle going into Hospital for a caesarean as her unborn baby has stopped growing.

Pray for Claire and her baby both with an infection.

Pray for all parents especially those who are struggling to cope with young children.

Pray for the forthcoming climate conference in Glasgow that those in authority be given wisdom and discernment on actions needed to alleviate the climate crisis.

Pray for the people of Afghanistan as they face renewed uncertainty and instability now that the  American and British troops have departed and the Taliban are in control of the Country.

Pray for all who suffer as a result of war, violence, oppression, persecution and natural disaster throughout the World.

Pray for the protection and strengthening of our Priests.

Pray for the salvation of all people.

Continue to pray for an end to the pandemic.
Pray for our Government, the health services, local authorities and volunteers as they deal with the Corona Virus.
Pray that vaccines will be readily available to all throughout the World and that wealthy nations will assist the poorer nations.
Pray for peace and justice throughout the World.

Pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Church and the World.

Pray for the personal needs of all of Theotokos Prayer Group.

Resources
1.Theotokos Prayer Group:
https://www.facebook.com/Theotokos-Prayer-Group-142398089120415/http://theotokosprayergroup.blogspot.co.uk/
2. Stockton Parish Family on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/parishfamilystocktonRC/
3. Daily Mass readings can be found at:
https://universalis.com/mass.htm
4. Bishops Conference of England and Wales Website - keep up to date on the latest situation as regards our Churches and resources for praying the Mass at home:
https://www.cbcew.org.uk/https://www.cbcew.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2020/03/No-Mass-A4.pdf
5. Diocese of Hexham & Newcastle Website:
http://www.rcdhn.org.uk/index.php
6. Catholic Charismatic Renewal in England:
http://www.ccr.org.uk/ 
7. Catholic Charismatic Renewal International
https://www.charis.international/en/home/
8. Celebrate Conference Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Celebratecommunity/ 
10. New Dawn: New Dawn In The Church Walsingham | Prince of Peace Community 


Please let me know if you have anything to share (prayers, readings, pictures , prophecies, inspirations) or any intercessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment