Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Sunday 14 November 2010

Jesus the Font of Grace and Mercy

Notes of meeting on 2 November

A picture of many souls leaving the earth and rising to Heaven. The souls seemed to enter an anti-chamber of a large hall. There were two huge doors slightly ajar, the light emanating from them was so strong that it was hard to see the large banqueting table fully laden waiting for the guests to arrive.
Back in the anti-chamber were souls in deep quiet prayer, some already full of light proceeded to the banqueting hall straight away - the Saints. Others produced their hearts for inspection some were nearly all covered in grime with only a little chink of light showing. Angels went on their knees and prayed and I could see Jesus on the Cross and the Angels used Jesus' blood and water and burnished the hearts clean, they then re-clothed the souls in a white garment and they entered the banqueting hall.
A feeling that Jesus was telling us that it is possible to go straight to Heaven. If we sin we have to keep going to the font of Jesus' blood and water; eventually we will shine and be a reflection of Him but not by our deeds but by His Mercy in other words His Mercy will change us.
Also our gifts given by the Holy Spirit are for the building up of His Church and not to be used as some form of kudos or power of our own (this is what Judas did). Jesus gifted his apostles to lead his people to him and the Father . Those same apostles through his mercy and his gifting became Saints.
Jesus the Font , the receptacle, of the Grace of Mercy that frees us by the action of the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 1 v 11-24
Paul Called by God
11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.
13 For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. 14 I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. 17 I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.
18 Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days. 19 I saw none of the other apostles—only James, the Lord’s brother. 20 I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.
21 Then I went to Syria and Cilicia. 22 I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. 23 They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.” 24 And they praised God because of me.



St Paul a persecutor of the Church became one of it's greatest Saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment