Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Sunday 15 April 2012

Darkness and Light

Notes of meeting on 3 April 2012

A picture in two halves:
1. Jesus on the Cross in darkness and sorrow with everyone praying behind the Cross
2. Fields and the sky in brilliant colours and light - the renewal to come.

Romans 8 v 29-30
29 He decided beforehand who were the ones destined to be moulded to the pattern of his Son, so that he should be the eldest of many brothers;

30 it was those so destined that he called; those that he called, he justified, and those that he has justified he has brought into glory.

Romans 9 v 23-26
23 so that he may make known the glorious riches ready for the people who are the instruments of his faithful love and were long ago prepared for that glory.

24 We are that people, called by him not only out of the Jews but out of the gentiles too.
25 Just as he says in the book of Hosea: I shall tell those who were not my people, 'You are my people,' and I shall take pity on those on whom I had no pity.
26 And in the very place where they were told, 'You are not my people,' they will be told that they are 'children of the living God'.

Psalm 142
1 To Yahweh I cry out with my plea. To Yahweh I cry out with entreaty.

2 I pour out my worry in his presence, in his presence I unfold my troubles.
3 However faint my spirit; you are watching over my path. On the road I have to travel they have hidden a trap for me.
4 Look on my right and see -- there is no one who recognises me. All refuge is denied me, no one cares whether I live or die.
5 I cry out to you, Yahweh, I affirm, 'You are my refuge, my share in the land of the living!'
6 Listen to my calling, for I am miserably weak. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me.
7 Lead me out of prison that I may praise your name. The upright gather round me because of your generosity to me.

Do not be afraid for I am always with you.
I did not die in vain, my death was a victory over death.
You are my chosen people and those whom I have chosen I am always close to.
Do not worry when you fall for I will pick you up.
I am with you always

Persevere in prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment