Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Saturday 12 May 2012

Jesus The Good Shepherd

Notes of meeting on 1 May 2012

Picture of Jesus the Good Shepherd laying on the hillside with sheep all around Him and laying close against Him.

Picture of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament with people praying before Him. We are to have faith to pray for our children and love ones that they will be close to Him.


Matthew 9 v 35- 37
35 Jesus made a tour through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and curing all kinds of disease and all kinds of illness.

36 And when he saw the crowds he felt sorry for them because they were harassed and dejected, like sheep without a shepherd.
37 Then he said to his disciples, 'The harvest is rich but the labourers are few, so ask the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers to his harvest.'


Psalm 20
1 May Yahweh answer you in time of trouble, may the name of the God of Jacob protect you!

2 May he send you help from the sanctuary, give you support from Zion!
3 May he remember all your sacrifices and delight in your burnt offerings! Pause
4 May he grant you your heart's desire and crown all your plans with success!
5 So that with joy we can hail your victory and draw up our ranks in the name of our God. May Yahweh grant all your petitions.
6 Now I know that Yahweh gives victory to his anointed. He will respond from his holy heavens with great deeds of victory from his right hand.
7 Some call on chariots, some on horses, but we on the name of Yahweh our God.
8 They will crumple and fall, while we stand upright and firm.
9 Yahweh, save the king, answer us when we call.


Psalm 43
1 Judge me, God, defend my cause against a people who have no faithful love; from those who are treacherous and unjust, rescue me.

2 For you are the God of my strength; why abandon me? Why must I go around in mourning, harrassed by the enemy?
3 Send out your light and your truth; they shall be my guide, to lead me to your holy mountain to the place where you dwell.
4 Then I shall go to the altar of God, to the God of my joy. I will rejoice and praise you on the harp, O God, my God.
5 Why so downcast, why all these sighs? Hope in God! I will praise him still, my Saviour, my God.



No comments:

Post a Comment