Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Thursday 13 September 2012

Bring lost souls back to Jesus through prayer

Notes of meeting 11 September 2012

Isaiah 61 v 1-7
1 The spirit of Lord Yahweh is on me for Yahweh has anointed me. He has sent me to bring the news to the afflicted, to soothe the broken-hearted,
2 to proclaim liberty to captives, release to those in prison, to proclaim a year of favour from Yahweh and a day of vengeance for our God, to comfort all who mourn
3 (to give to Zion's mourners), to give them for ashes a garland, for mourning-dress, the oil of gladness, for despondency, festal attire; and they will be called 'terebinths of saving justice', planted by Yahweh to glorify him.
4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins, they will raise what has long lain waste, they will restore the ruined cities, all that has lain waste for ages past.
5 Strangers will come forward to feed your flocks, foreigners be your ploughmen and vinedressers;
6 but you will be called 'priests of Yahweh' and be addressed as 'ministers of our God'. You will feed on the wealth of nations, you will supplant them in their glory.
7 To make up for your shame, you will receive double; instead of disgrace, shouts of joy will be their lot; yes, they will have a double portion in their country and everlasting joy will be theirs.

Picture of Our Mother full of Joy. This Joy was brimming over, her laughter like a tinkling brook almost musical. The Joy was because one soul had been saved and not lost and she was utterly delighted.
She showed how when carrying Jesus she surrounded him with prayer, love and good example. She asks us to do the same to bring lost souls back to her Son Jesus carrying them in prayer and love and to try at all times to be a good example and if you fail get up and try again. We are to surround these poor souls who are so far away from her Son Jesus and more victories will be had for Heaven and then she and Heaven will smile and rejoice again.
We are part of Her great plan, her Holy Army who co-operate with her Immaculate Heart and Heaven.

1 Chronicles 17 v 1 -14
1 It happened, once David had settled into his palace, that David said to the prophet Nathan, 'Here am I living in a cedar-wood palace, while the ark of the covenant of Yahweh is under awnings.'
2 Nathan said to David, 'Do whatever you have in mind, for God is with you.'
3 But that very night the word of God came to Nathan, as follows:
4 'Go and tell my servant David, "Yahweh says this: You must not build a temple for me to live in.
5 I have never lived in a house from the day when I brought Israel out until today, but have kept travelling from tent to tent and from shelter to shelter.
6 In all my travels with all Israel, did I say to any of the judges of Israel, whom I had commanded to shepherd my people: Why do you not build me a cedar-wood temple?
7 This is what you must say to my servant David: Yahweh Sabaoth says this: I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, to be leader of my people Israel.
8 I have been with you wherever you went; I have got rid of all your enemies for you. I am going to make your fame like that of the greatest men on earth.
9 I am going to provide a place for my people Israel; I shall plant them there and there they will live and never be disturbed again; nor will they be oppressed by the wicked as they were in former times
10 ever since I instituted judges to govern my people Israel; I shall subdue all your enemies. Yahweh moreover tells you that he will build you a dynasty.
11 And when your days are over and you have gone to join your ancestors, I shall appoint your heir -- who will be one of your sons -- to succeed you, and I shall make his sovereignty secure.
12 He will build a temple for me and I shall make his throne secure for ever.
13 I shall be his father and he will be my son, and I shall not withdraw my favour from him, as I withdrew it from your predecessor.
14 I shall set him over my temple and kingdom for ever and his throne will be for ever secure." '


2 Corinthians 6 v 16-18 16 The temple of God cannot compromise with false gods, and that is what we are -- the temple of the living God. We have God's word for it: I shall fix my home among them and live among them; I will be their God and they will be my people.

17 Get away from them, purify yourselves, says the Lord. Do not touch anything unclean, and then I shall welcome you.
18 I shall be father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to me, says the almighty Lord.




Notes of meeting 4 September 2012

Mark 4 v 35-41
35 With the coming of evening that same day, he said to them, 'Let us cross over to the other side.'
36 And leaving the crowd behind they took him, just as he was, in the boat; and there were other boats with him.
37 Then it began to blow a great gale and the waves were breaking into the boat so that it was almost swamped.
38 But he was in the stern, his head on the cushion, asleep.
39 They woke him and said to him, 'Master, do you not care? We are lost!' And he woke up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, 'Quiet now! Be calm!' And the wind dropped, and there followed a great calm.
40 Then he said to them, 'Why are you so frightened? Have you still no faith?'
41 They were overcome with awe and said to one another, 'Who can this be? Even the wind and the sea obey him.'

Lord we pray that you would keep us safe from the storms that threaten us.
The storms of the sinfulness and weakness within our hearts.
The storms of sinfulness and weakness at work in the world.
Lord bring us faith and trust in you as the one who will still these storms bring us your peace, 

Sense of the Northern Saints, Aiden, Cuthbert, Bede St Margaret Clitheroe  and many others praying with us. Thank you Lord for all those who have gone before us in the faith.

John 4 v 5 -14
 5 On the way he came to the Samaritan town called Sychar near the land that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
6 Jacob's well was there and Jesus, tired by the journey, sat down by the well. It was about the sixth hour.
7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, 'Give me something to drink.'
8 His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.
9 The Samaritan woman said to him, 'You are a Jew. How is it that you ask me, a Samaritan, for something to drink?' -- Jews, of course, do not associate with Samaritans.
10 Jesus replied to her: If you only knew what God is offering and who it is that is saying to you, 'Give me something to drink,' you would have been the one to ask, and he would have given you living water.
11 'You have no bucket, sir,' she answered, 'and the well is deep: how do you get this living water?
12 Are you a greater man than our father Jacob, who gave us this well and drank from it himself with his sons and his cattle?'
13 Jesus replied: Whoever drinks this water will be thirsty again;

14 but no one who drinks the water that I shall give will ever be thirsty again: the water that I shall give will become a spring of water within, welling up for eternal life.




No comments:

Post a Comment