Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Sunday 20 January 2013

Year of Faith 2012 - 2013 Post No 4






Prayer for the gift of Faith

Let us not lose sight of Jesus, who leads us in our FAITH and brings it to perfection (Heb 12 v 2)

Lord Jesus, have mercy on me a sinner. Open my heart to your gift of faith. Give me light that I may have eyes to see You, ears to hear You, and a heart to understand love and obey You.
Remove any obstacles in me to your saving grace, and enable me to surrender completely with joy and gratitude to You as my Lord and my God. I repent of any rebellion, whether known or unknown.
Mother Mary, model of faith and Spouse of the Holy Spirit, help me now with your prayers, and lead me to your Son Jesus. Amen


Extracts from the Popes 'APOSTOLIC LETTER ,“MOTU PROPRIO DATA” - PORTA FIDEI':


We want this Year to arouse in every believer the aspiration to profess the faith in fullness and with renewed conviction, with confidence and hope. It will also be a good opportunity to intensify the celebration of the faith in the liturgy, especially in the Eucharist, which is “the summit towards which the activity of the Church is directed; ... and also the source from which all its power flows.” At the same time, we make it our prayer that believers’ witness of life may grow in credibility. To rediscover the content of the faith that is professed, celebrated, lived and prayed, and to reflect on the act of faith, is a task that every believer must make his own, especially in the course of this Year.

By faith, the disciples formed the first community, gathered around the teaching of the Apostles, in prayer, in
celebration of the Eucharist, holding their possessions in common so as to meet the needs of the brethren (cf.
Acts 2:42-47).

Photo


Come and join us for a Year of Faith Mass on Tuesday 26 February 2013 at St Mary's Presbytery, 2 Major Street, Stockton on Tees TS18 2DD. Start 8pm (Rosary 7.30). All Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment