Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Sunday 1 March 2015

I love you so

Notes of meeting on 24 February 2015

Picture of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. it was dawn and the sky was full of beauty, red with blue and gold. The birds were making their song to add to the beauty of the moment and all was still.
it felt as if Jesus was looking with fresh eyes at the beauty of God the Father's creation. Jesus looked sad and pensive and very much alone.
He was looking at everything with eyes of one who knew he would soon be leaving it. He looked at his sleepy disciples feeling such sorrow for them, and he prayed very hard to the Father for his protection for them.
It was as though his very core felt keenly the depth of sorrow at leaving them because he loved them so much. He know that the parting would be very painful more painful than the physical pain to come because of the great love he had for them.
Jesus says:
My dear friends, stay with me, console me, do not leave me forsaken, for I feel as though my Heart would burst for love of you. My little flock how I will tend you and care for you. Stay with me.
I love you so, I love you so.

We adore you O Christ and we praise you because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world

Luke 24 v 35 - 40

35 Then they told their story of what had happened on the road and how they had recognised him at the breaking of bread.
36 They were still talking about all this when he himself stood among them and said to them, 'Peace be with you!'
37 In a state of alarm and fright, they thought they were seeing a ghost.
38 But he said, 'Why are you so agitated, and why are these doubts stirring in your hearts?
39 See by my hands and my feet that it is I myself. Touch me and see for yourselves; a ghost has no flesh and bones as you can see I have.'
40 And as he said this he showed them his hands and his feet.

Thank you Jesus that you are real, you are a living person, you are both God and Man sent to redeem us through your passion, death and resurrection.
Thank you Jesus that you love us so much. We cannot fathom the height, length, depth and breadth of your immense love for us. Thank you for your Spirit at work in us that helps us receive and share the great gift of your  love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment