Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Sunday 9 August 2015

Persevere in hardship

Notes of meeting on 4 August 2015

Picture of a child in the Garden of Gethsemane, the child was tiny but still knew that Jesus was betrayed and was kissing his hands while Jesus suffered.
Our Lady led the child away to watch.
Then the child, a little older, was comforting Jesus after he had been cruelly whipped.
Our Lady led the child away to watch.
The child, now well formed and older, went to Jesus when all were mocking Him and as the crown of thorns was placed on His head the child wept and kissed His feet.
Our Lady led the child away to watch.
As Jesus carried His Cross He fell. The child begged Jesus that he could help Him but the soldiers pushed him away.
Our Lady led the child away to watch.
When Jesus was crucified the child now a mature 12 or13 wept so hard and kissed the bleeding feet of his Saviour.
Our Lady begged him to stay with her and keep watch.
In all his sufferings the child united to his Saviour walked with Our Lady the way of Calvary and in so doing comforted the bruised and broken Heart of Our Lord.
We Theotokos are that child as is every person who makes the decision to walk with Christ.

Our Lady says:
Wait and keep watch with me. See how your beloved Saviour suffers for you.
My Children, Theotokos born of my heart, persevere when all around is changing, love my Son Jesus, keep doing His will for you will grow in strength and maturity. His work for you is only now starting, stay with Him, love Him, follow Him, adjoin your hearts to Him
I bless you in the name of Jesus.


Romans 12 v 9 -21
9 Let love be without any pretence. Avoid what is evil; stick to what is good.
10 In brotherly love let your feelings of deep affection for one another come to expression and regard others as more important than yourself.
11 In the service of the Lord, work not halfheartedly but with conscientiousness and an eager spirit.
12 Be joyful in hope, persevere in hardship; keep praying regularly;
13 share with any of God's holy people who are in need; look for opportunities to be hospitable.
14 Bless your persecutors; never curse them, bless them.
15 Rejoice with others when they rejoice, and be sad with those in sorrow.
16 Give the same consideration to all others alike. Pay no regard to social standing, but meet humble people on their own terms. Do not congratulate yourself on your own wisdom.
17 Never pay back evil with evil, but bear in mind the ideals that all regard with respect.
18 As much as possible, and to the utmost of your ability, be at peace with everyone.
19 Never try to get revenge: leave that, my dear friends, to the Retribution. As scripture says: Vengeance is mine -- I will pay them back, the Lord promises.
20 And more: If your enemy is hungry, give him something to eat; if thirsty, something to drink. By this, you will be heaping red-hot coals on his head.
21 Do not be mastered by evil, but master evil with good.

Jeremiah 29 v 11 - 14
11 Yes, I know what plans I have in mind for you, Yahweh declares, plans for peace, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12 When you call to me and come and pray to me, I shall listen to you.
13 When you search for me, you will find me; when you search wholeheartedly for me,
14 I shall let you find me (Yahweh declares. I shall restore your fortunes and gather you in from all the nations and wherever I have driven you, Yahweh declares. I shall bring you back to the place from which I exiled you).

No comments:

Post a Comment