Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Sunday 30 January 2011

My yoke is easy

Notes of meeting on 18 January 2011

Jesus the Good Shepherd kills the wolf.
Like prodigal sons and daughters we can return to Him.

Matthew 11:29-30 (New International Version, ©2011)
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


Joel 2 (New International Reader's Version)
The Day of the Lord Is Coming
28 "After that, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.
Your old men will have dreams.
Your young men will have visions.
29 In those days I will pour out my Spirit
on those who serve me, men and women alike.
30 I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth.
There will be blood and fire and clouds of smoke.
31 The sun will become dark.
The moon will turn red like blood.
It will happen before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes.
32 Everyone who calls out to me will be saved.
On Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
some of my people will be left alive.
I have chosen them.
That is what I have promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment