Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Saturday 3 March 2012

Set the captives free

Notes of Praise and Intercession Meeting on 28 February 2012

I have come to set the captives free and this is the year of the Lord's favour.

Isaiah 61 v 1 -4

1 The spirit of Lord Yahweh is on me for Yahweh has anointed me. He has sent me to bring the news to the afflicted, to soothe the broken-hearted,
2 to proclaim liberty to captives, release to those in prison, to proclaim a year of favour from Yahweh and a day of vengeance for our God, to comfort all who mourn
3 (to give to Zion's mourners), to give them for ashes a garland, for mourning-dress, the oil of gladness, for despondency, festal attire; and they will be called 'terebinths of saving justice', planted by Yahweh to glorify him.
4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins, they will raise what has long lain waste, they will restore the ruined cities, all that has lain waste for ages past.


The Lord's grace and favour is with us.
He shows us His Mercy.
Follow my Ways and My Statutes.
Take My Mother as an example.

No comments:

Post a Comment