Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Sunday 26 July 2015

New Life

Notes of meeting on 21 July 2015

Picture of a multitude of sheep in a sheepfold.
There were may sheep trying to get to the sheepfold, they seemed far away, and Satan had put obstacles in their way and a dark mist to try and make them lose their way.
The sheep already within the sheepfold became alert and sensed that their fellow sheep were in trouble.
Jesus appeared at the gate of the sheepfold and from His Heart great rays of light could be seen penetrating the mist. The sheep were so weary, cold and beaten down but seemed to get a new spurt of life within them. Some were so injured it seemed impossible for them to make it to the sheepfold but somehow the light of Jesus gave then new life.
The sheep within the sheepfold began to sing and praise in a heavenly chorus and somehow this song and praise erupted from them with many Angels going out to the sheep who were struggling. They bound up their wounds on the journey encouraged them until, almost when you thought there was no more hope, they had arrived.
Jesus took each one separately and soothed and comforted them. He washed them and admitted them to the sheepfold.

"Come you chosen of My Father, Inherit that which has always belonged to you: New Life."

It was felt that Jesus was showing us how important it is for us to keep persevering in prayer and praise, that we could help in the miracle of His redemptive work by allying ourselves and working with His Kingdom and in the utter Mercy and beauty of Our God.


Psalm 43
1 Judge me, God, defend my cause against a people who have no faithful love; from those who are treacherous and unjust, rescue me.
2 For you are the God of my strength; why abandon me? Why must I go around in mourning, harrassed by the enemy?
3 Send out your light and your truth; they shall be my guide, to lead me to your holy mountain to the place where you dwell.
4 Then I shall go to the altar of God, to the God of my joy. I will rejoice and praise you on the harp, O God, my God.
5 Why so downcast, why all these sighs? Hope in God! I will praise him still, my Saviour, my God.

1 Chronicles 17 v 16 -
16 King David then went in, sat down in Yahweh's presence and said: 'Who am I, Yahweh God, and what is my lineage, that you have led me as far as this?
17 Yet, to you, O God, this seemed too little, and now you extend your promises for your servant's family into the distant future, making me see as it were a whole succession of men, and it is Yahweh God himself who raises it up.
18 What more can David reply to you for the honour you have given to your servant? You yourself have singled out your servant.
19 For your servant, and since you were so inclined, you have had the generosity to reveal all this greatness to come.
20 Yahweh, there is no one like you, no God but you alone, as everything that we have heard confirms.
21 Is there another people on earth like your people Israel, whom a god has proceeded to redeem, to make them his people and to make them famous and do for them great and terrible deeds, by driving out nations before your people, whom you redeemed from Egypt?-
22 for you made your people Israel your own people for ever and you, Yahweh, became their God.
23 'Now, Yahweh, may the promise which you have made for your servant and as regards his family hold good for ever, and do as you have said.
24 May it hold good, so your name will be exalted for ever and people will say, "Israel's God is Yahweh Sabaoth; he is God for Israel." Your servant David's dynasty will be secure before you
25 since you, my God, have disclosed to your servant that you are going to build him a dynasty. Hence, your servant has ventured to offer this prayer to you.
26 Yes, Yahweh, you are God indeed, and you have made this generous promise to your servant.
27 What is more, you have deigned to bless your servant's dynasty, so that it may remain for ever before you; and since you, Yahweh, have blessed it, blessed will it be for ever.'

Luke 14 v 17 -24
17 When the time for the banquet came, he sent his servant to say to those who had been invited, "Come along: everything is ready now."
18 But all alike started to make excuses. The first said, "I have bought a piece of land and must go and see it. Please accept my apologies."
19 Another said, "I have bought five yoke of oxen and am on my way to try them out. Please accept my apologies."
20 Yet another said, "I have just got married and so am unable to come."
21 'The servant returned and reported this to his master. Then the householder, in a rage, said to his servant, "Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in here the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame."
22 "Sir," said the servant, "your orders have been carried out and there is still room."
23 Then the master said to his servant, "Go to the open roads and the hedgerows and press people to come in, to make sure my house is full;
24 because, I tell you, not one of those who were invited shall have a taste of my banquet." '

No comments:

Post a Comment