Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Saturday 3 February 2018

the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord

Notes of meeting on 30 January 2018

Picture of a pile of moulding riches, they are disintegrating.
A faint sight of a Cross comes into view through the gloom and darkness. The Cross becomes clearer until finally in the swirling mist and gloom it can be seen shining like a beacon, shining like gold, giving off rays of grace and light drawing Mankind to it fresh clean beauty.

Our Lady says:
"My children in the maelstrom of confusion and enmity that my adversary creates unite yourselves to the Cross of my Son Jesus. Yes my children it is good to aspire to the good things of the earth for they were created for you but these things will pass away so should not themselves be your passion.
My little ones avail yourselves of grace from the Holy Spirit and you will amass the great wealth of Heaven and all its Glory to help build up the Kingdom drawing all men to the light of my Son's Cross.
The sacraments are your guide and your help.
In aligning yourself with my Son Jesus' Cross you help prepare others by your example and prayer to be drawn from evil to the light.
Offer every hurt and negative feeling , every seeming disastrous situation to the Holy Spirit, you will see the miracle of transformation in your own and the lives of others around you.
My little ones do not neglect your Rosary for this is the means of protection in your every day life!
I bless you in the name of Jesus who loves you so much.
Mary"


Philippians 3 v 7-14
But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ – the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ – yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, 14 I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwards in Christ Jesus.


Lord give us the gift of temperance and provide us with a balance in the use of the created gifts you have given us.


Above all ( Michael W. Smith )

Above all powers
Above all kings
Above all nature and all created things
Above all wisdom and all the ways of man
You were here before the world began
 
Above all kingdoms
Above all thrones
Above all wonders the world has ever known
Above all wealth and treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure what you're worth
 
Crucified
Laid behind the stone
You lived to die
Rejected and alone
 
Like a rose trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment