Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Wednesday 13 May 2009

The Vineyard

Notes of our meeting on 12 May 2009



Picture of a walled garden in the desert.

Within the garden are fruiting vines and a watchtower from which those who want to destroy the vineyard can be spotted.

In the watchtower is Our Lady keeping watch over the vineyard (the Church) she sees those who wish to destroy the vineyrd and a dark cloud appears over the Vineyard but the cloud is a cloud of angels ready to protect the vineyard.



This picture is followed by a picture of the Cross on the altar which changes into the Blessed Sacrament of the Eucharist.

Our Lady and all the angels prostrate themselves before the Lord.


Galatians 3 v 14-21

Mark 3 v 13 -15

Prayer:

Breathe on me, Holy Spirit,
That I may have your life.

Rest on me, Holy Spirit,
That I may have your peace.

Live in me, Holy Spirit
That I may have your friendship.

Counsel me, Holy Spirit,
That I may have your wisdom.

Strengthen me, Holy Spirit,
That I may have your fire.

Purify me, Holy Spirit,
That I may have your love.

from Lord, Send Me Your Spirit - Patrick Sayles - The Prayer Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment