Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Save us Lord

Notes of meeting 9 August 2011

Micah 6 v 7-8
6 'With what shall I enter Yahweh's presence and bow down before God All-high? Shall I enter with burnt offerings, with calves one year old?
7 Will he be pleased with rams by the thousand, with ten thousand streams of oil? Shall I offer my eldest son for my wrong-doing, the child of my own body for my sin?
8 'You have already been told what is right and what Yahweh wants of you. Only this, to do what is right, to love kindness and to walk humbly with your God.'


Matthew 8 v 23 -27
23 Then he got into the boat followed by his disciples.


24 Suddenly a storm broke over the lake, so violent that the boat was being swamped by the waves. But he was asleep.
25 So they went to him and woke him saying, 'Save us, Lord, we are lost!'
26 And he said to them, 'Why are you so frightened, you who have so little faith?' And then he stood up and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
27 They were astounded and said, 'Whatever kind of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him?'



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please see below details from Tom Hickey of a recent message given at Medugorje on 2nd August 2011 .
The message seems to me to strike a chord with this group's recent call to pray for the world and against the evil that besets it.


Our Lady to Mirjana - 2nd August 2011

Using words she never used before the Virgin Mary issued an unusually dire

warning but also gave a mighty promise during her August 2 apparition to

Medugorje visionary Mirjana Dragicevic-Soldo.

The world is threatened by an evil that wants to rule and destroy it, individual

people cannot stop it on their own - but by becoming a new people with Jesus,

gathering into God's family and receiving strength from the Father, mankind is

capable of changing everything and healing the world, the Virgin Mary also said in

a message that could seem imminently prophetic:

"Dear children,

Today I call you to be born anew in prayer and through the Holy Spirit, to became a

new people with my Son; a people who knows that if they have lost God, they have

lost themselves; a people Who knows that, with God, despite all sufferings and trials,

they are secure and saved. I call you to gather into God's family and to be

strengthened with the Father's strength. As individuals, my children, you cannot

stop the evil that wants to begin to rule in this world and to destroy it. But,

according to God's will, all together, with my Son, you can change everything and

heal the world. I call you to pray with all your heart for your shepherds, because my

Son chose them. Thank you."


The apparition took place at The Blue Cross in Medugorje. It lasted little more than

five minutes from 8.38 am.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment