Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Monday 11 March 2013

40 Days For Life - Prayers Days 29 - 35




Day 29

“Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17: 20

Lord, so often I commit my actions to you but do not trust what you promise to do with them. Too often I doubt the results you will provide from my tiny faith and simple actions. Please give me the humility to trust you with my small efforts and the courage to overcome my doubts. Amen.

Day 30

He said to them: . . .“ But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1: 7– 8

Dear Lord and Saviour, Earth is a huge planet, with billions of people, and it’s easy to be daunted by the prospect of combating abortion in all the places where it’s practised around the world. Remind me, when I feel overwhelmed by the task, of people like Carolyn Rice. There is a motivated, energetic army already on the ground, waiting for the call, everywhere this battle must be waged. Help more people in every nation answer that call. Where the need is greatest, that is where you have provided most abundantly, and I thank you. Amen.

Day 31

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139: 13-14

Heavenly Father, thank you for knitting me together in my mother’s womb, and for doing the same for every member of our human family. Never let me take for granted the gift of children, all of whom are fearfully and wonderfully made in your image. Make me a faithful steward of these precious lives so that each generation might be raised in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Amen.

Day 32

When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 118: 5– 6

Lord, thank you for the grace to defend life and to stand strong when others may ridicule or oppose me. May your peace fill my soul, especially when I am called to endure the opposition of others, and may I become more like your crucified and risen Son. Amen.

Day 33

Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?”
“I don’t know,” he replied. “Am I my brother’s keeper?” Genesis 4: 9

Lord, you alone are the giver of life. Your Word tells me that you know every single hair on my head, and that you take my life, and all of our lives, personally. You became one of us to save us. Help me to empty myself and take all attacks against human life personally, because the littlest and least of these are my brothers and sisters in Christ. Give me the grace to see you in everyone and to not judge the value of human life based on the circumstances of worldly judgements. Help me to take abortion personally and to trust you to give me the strength to be my brother’s keeper. Amen.

Day 34

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1: 7

God Almighty, you mark my path, but often I don’t know where that path will lead. Give me a spirit of power to trust you as I walk that path toward destinations I don’t know. Why you put me in certain positions at certain times I don’t know, but lead me, your child, with love so that I may be used for your greater glory. Amen.

Day 35

“Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.” Mark 11: 23

Dear heavenly Father, help me to see my effort on behalf of the unborn as part of a grand tradition of fighting injustice. You ask your followers to intercede for the widow, for the fatherless, for the oppressed, and I strive to follow that exhortation when I intercede for the unborn. Empower me to invest my time and energy in that battle. Bless my effort, and that of my co-workers on behalf of the unborn, so that today’s worldwide pro-life movement has a lasting and profound effect on saving lives. Amen.



Bereit, David; Carney, Shawn (2013-01-17). 40 Days for Life: Discover What God Has Done...Imagine What He Can Do (Kindle Locations 3862-3864). Cappella Books. Kindle Edition.



No comments:

Post a Comment