Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Friday 3 January 2014

Love, Mercy and Joy

Notes of Praise and Intercession Night on 26 November 2013

Picture of Our Lady heavily pregnant, she was quietly spinning and smiling to herself.
She kept placing a hand on her stomach and would receive a kick or some kind of movement it was as though mother and baby played a game of love.
Each little movement an exquisite joy to the Mother and to the Child security and love. It was as though they were joined in Flesh and Spirit.
Her meekness and littleness complimented his tininess and helplessness, each united to the other in complete harmony.This closeness would last their whole lives hear on Earth and their real lives in Heaven.
The Father in Heaven who made us would love us to be like little children asking for help and having our needs met. He would so like us to be at one with Him like Mary and His Son Jesus. Love is a two way street, the Father wants us to love Him as He loves us.

1 Corinthians 13

1 Though I command languages both human and angelic -- if I speak without love, I am no more than a gong booming or a cymbal clashing. 2 And though I have the power of prophecy, to penetrate all mysteries and knowledge, and though I have all the faith necessary to move mountains -- if I am without love, I am nothing. 3 Though I should give away to the poor all that I possess, and even give up my body to be burned -- if I am without love, it will do me no good whatever. 4 Love is always patient and kind; love is never jealous; love is not boastful or conceited, 5 it is never rude and never seeks its own advantage, it does not take offence or store up grievances. 6 Love does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but finds its joy in the truth. 7 It is always ready to make allowances, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes. 8 Love never comes to an end. But if there are prophecies, they will be done away with; if tongues, they will fall silent; and if knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we know only imperfectly, and we prophesy imperfectly; 10 but once perfection comes, all imperfect things will be done away with. 11 When I was a child, I used to talk like a child, and see things as a child does, and think like a child; but now that I have become an adult, I have finished with all childish ways. 12 Now we see only reflections in a mirror, mere riddles, but then we shall be seeing face to face. Now I can know only imperfectly; but then I shall know just as fully as I am myself known. 13 As it is, these remain: faith, hope and love, the three of them; and the greatest of them is love.

Luke 15 v 3 - 10

3 So he told them this parable: 4 'Which one of you with a hundred sheep, if he lost one, would fail to leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after the missing one till he found it? 5 And when he found it, would he not joyfully take it on his shoulders 6 and then, when he got home, call together his friends and neighbours, saying to them, "Rejoice with me, I have found my sheep that was lost." 7 In the same way, I tell you, there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner repenting than over ninety-nine upright people who have no need of repentance. 8 'Or again, what woman with ten drachmas would not, if she lost one, light a lamp and sweep out the house and search thoroughly till she found it? 9 And then, when she had found it, call together her friends and neighbours, saying to them, "Rejoice with me, I have found the drachma I lost." 10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing among the angels of God over one repentant sinner.'

No comments:

Post a Comment