Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Sunday 4 October 2015

Do not be afraid

Notes from meeting on 22 September 2015

My people, my beloved people.
Do not be afraid, do not fear.
Trust in me.
I am one who loves, uplifts, guides and inspires you.
Keep your confidence.

Philippians 4 v 4 - 9
4 Always be joyful, then, in the Lord; I repeat, be joyful.
5 Let your good sense be obvious to everybody. The Lord is near.
6 Never worry about anything; but tell God all your desires of every kind in prayer and petition shot through with gratitude,
7 and the peace of God which is beyond our understanding will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers, let your minds be filled with everything that is true, everything that is honourable, everything that is upright and pure, everything that we love and admire -- with whatever is good and praiseworthy.
9 Keep doing everything you learnt from me and were told by me and have heard or seen me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.


Luke 8 v 19-21
19 His mother and his brothers came looking for him, but they could not get to him because of the crowd.
20 He was told, 'Your mother and brothers are standing outside and want to see you.'
21 But he said in answer, 'My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and put it into practice.'


See link below for a reflection from 'Bible Alive' on this passage:
http://www.alivepublishing.co.uk/2015/09/tuesday-22-september/

No comments:

Post a Comment