Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Saturday 31 October 2015

Do not let your hearts be troubled

Notes of meeting on 20 October 2015

Picture of Jesus visiting us in a special way. We had all prepared, cleaning and getting everything in order. There was much anticipation but also a little apprehension; feelings such as "are we doing enough?" and the fear "does he want more?" "can I give it?"
Our Mother Mary came too and they spoke together and Jesus nodded in acquiescence.
Jesus looked at each person individually and as he looked at each of us in our turn the fear dropped away. His loving smile and gentleness gave us courage. He looked deep into our hearts and He could see pockets of real love and goodness but also fear and dryness.
He breathed His life, His love, his goodness and His Joy into each heart.
Our Mother was swaying from side to side in utter joy, clapping her small hands till all of us felt this perfect joy as though the joy of heaven had been placed as a gift  in our hearts for our benefit and for those we came into contact with.
Jesus says: " My dear little flock, serve your God in joy, feel the lightness of My yoke, together we will work miracles through prayer and perseverance. Do not fear but ask as your Mother did and I will give it willingly. I love you with an everlasting love that shall never diminish. You give Me joy. Your Jesus."


Jesus loves us and call us not to be afraid.


John 14 v1 - 14
1 Do not let your hearts be troubled. You trust in God, trust also in me.
2 In my Father's house there are many places to live in; otherwise I would have told you. I am going now to prepare a place for you,
3 and after I have gone and prepared you a place, I shall return to take you to myself, so that you may be with me where I am.
4 You know the way to the place where I am going.
5 Thomas said, 'Lord, we do not know where you are going, so how can we know the way?'
6 Jesus said: I am the Way; I am Truth and Life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
7 If you know me, you will know my Father too. From this moment you know him and have seen him.
8 Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and then we shall be satisfied.' Jesus said to him,
9 'Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? 'Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father, so how can you say, "Show us the Father"?
10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? What I say to you I do not speak of my own accord: it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his works.
11 You must believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe it on the evidence of these works.
12 In all truth I tell you, whoever believes in me will perform the same works as I do myself, and will perform even greater works, because I am going to the Father.
13 Whatever you ask in my name I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.


John 15 v 11-17
11 I have told you this so that my own joy may be in you and your joy be complete.
12 This is my commandment: love one another, as I have loved you.
13 No one can have greater love than to lay down his life for his friends.
14 You are my friends, if you do what I command you.
15 I shall no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know the master's business; I call you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have learnt from my Father.
16 You did not choose me, no, I chose you; and I commissioned you to go out and to bear fruit, fruit that will last; so that the Father will give you anything you ask him in my name.
17 My command to you is to love one another.


John 6 v 44-51
44 'No one can come to me unless drawn by the Father who sent me, and I will raise that person up on the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets: They will all be taught by God; everyone who has listened to the Father, and learnt from him, comes to me.
46 Not that anybody has seen the Father, except him who has his being from God: he has seen the Father.
47 In all truth I tell you, everyone who believes has eternal life.
48 I am the bread of life.
49 Your fathers ate manna in the desert and they are dead;
50 but this is the bread which comes down from heaven, so that a person may eat it and not die.
51 I am the living bread which has come down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live for ever; and the bread that I shall give is my flesh, for the life of the world.'

No comments:

Post a Comment