Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Sunday 17 January 2016

so shall I look after my sheep

Notes of meeting on 12 January 2016

Picture of Jesus right here amongst us. He showed us may fruit trees, grain fields, animals and vines that His Father had supplied for us. These are to feed and fortify our bodies and we should avail ourselves of these with great thanksgiving to the Father.
In the same way as we take in sustenance we are to open our hearts to the spiritual food provided by the Father. Jesus then showed us the Book of the Holy Word, the gift of Himself in the Eucharist and openness to the Holy Spirit so that all can grow in our hearts giving our spiritual bodies sustenance. This in turn brings forth the flowering of the seed firmly planted a baptism nurturing and growing within us sustaining our spiritual bodies so that in time the likeness of the Father becomes profound within each soul and this in turn will make us more able to draw other souls to the Father and Jesus.
Jesus says:
"Be open to My Spirit, be fed by Me and in turn you will feed our brothers and sisters. My little flock so dear to my heart, I bless you with the Father's grace. Draw all men unto Me."


Ezekiel 34 v 11-17
11 "For the Lord Yahweh says this: Look, I myself shall take care of my flock and look after it.
12 As a shepherd looks after his flock when he is with his scattered sheep, so shall I look after my sheep. I shall rescue them from wherever they have been scattered on the day of clouds and darkness.
13 I shall bring them back from the peoples where they are; I shall gather them back from the countries and bring them back to their own land. I shall pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the inhabited parts of the country.
14 I shall feed them in good pasturage; the highest mountains of Israel will be their grazing ground. There they will rest in good grazing grounds; they will browse in rich pastures on the mountains of Israel.
15 I myself shall pasture my sheep, I myself shall give them rest -- declares the Lord Yahweh.
16 I shall look for the lost one, bring back the stray, bandage the injured and make the sick strong. I shall watch over the fat and healthy. I shall be a true shepherd to them.
17 "As for you, my sheep, the Lord Yahweh says this: I shall judge between sheep and sheep, between rams and he-goats.


Heavenly Father I ask you to bless our group Theotokos. Send your Spirit upon us so that we will be witnesses to the living light of Jesus in our lives. You chose Mary through the power of the Holy Spirit to become the first tabernacle to hold your Son Jesus in her womb, therefore I ask Mary, Mother of God and Our Mother, to bear us into holiness. Teach us to listen to the voice of God in the stillness of our hearts and live in his presence offering all our joys and sorrows for his honour and glory. Teach us to pray for the conversion of our hearts and the conversion of the world so that we may become faithful ambassadors of your Son, Jesus.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment