Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Sunday 19 June 2016

Open your hearts to my mercy

Notes of meeting on 14 June 2016

Picture of Jesus' heart weeping tears of blood.
This group is asked to open their hearts. This takes an act of will. We are to be immersed in his will, not ours.
As we open our hearts He fills them with His tears of blood. It is as though we are enwrapped in Him, His thoughts, His feelings. We make them our own. We can feel His sorrow, we can feel His bereftness of the souls He wishes to claim as His. We can feel the love of His Precious Heart poured out for us. These feelings convict us to walk in His ways, to obey His commands, to love others as He loves them, to draw all men to Him to try and do His will.
These tears of blood received will enable us to be lovers of all things good. These tears will perfect us so that we will abhor all that is evil. To this end we must open our hearts.
Jesus says:
"My people for the great love I bear thee open your hearts to my mercy, to my teaching, to my love and in so doing you will draw others to My Sorrowful Heart so that My Heart is comforted, for I love you so. Your Jesus."

Mark 10 v 13 - 16
13 People were bringing little children to him, for him to touch them. The disciples scolded them,
14 but when Jesus saw this he was indignant and said to them, 'Let the little children come to me; do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs.
15 In truth I tell you, anyone who does not welcome the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.'
16 Then he embraced them, laid his hands on them and gave them his blessing.

Luke 9 v 46 - 48 
46 An argument started between them about which of them was the greatest.
47 Jesus knew what thoughts were going through their minds, and he took a little child whom he set by his side
48 and then he said to them, 'Anyone who welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and anyone who welcomes me, welcomes the one who sent me. The least among you all is the one who is the greatest.'

No comments:

Post a Comment