Virgin of Vladimir (+ image by the hand of Stephen Allison 2008)

Sunday 17 July 2016

Stay awake

Notes of meeting on 12 July 2016

Picture of our Blessed Mother kneeling at the foot of the Cross, she is weeping, making reparation for her children. As she weeps so Jesus suffers but gladly to appease the wrath of the Father.
From the four corners of the earth people are walking towards the Cross, they have suffered and are still suffering. They come closer and closer to Jesus and our Blessed Mother. Each person stops before the Cross and makes a deep obeisance before Jesus before they are taken up to the shining white city above.
Our Blessed Mother says:
"My children, as a child copies it's mother in everything and so learns to live, I ask you to redouble your efforts for my suffering Son and to copy His humility and sacrifice for poor souls.
Some of you will be better at fasting or prayer, some of you better at praising or sacrifice, do all that you can to alleviate the suffering of my Son as suffering he gladly bears on behalf of you His beloved brothers and sisters, He is thirsty for the lives of souls who do not know Him.
We thank you and praise God for every effort however small or large.
Be heroic in these times.
From little things great things can come.
I bless you with my motherly love.
Mary"

Luke 21 v 25 - 38
25 'There will be signs in the sun and moon and stars; on earth nations in agony, bewildered by the turmoil of the ocean and its waves;
26 men fainting away with terror and fear at what menaces the world, for the powers of heaven will be shaken.
27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 When these things begin to take place, stand erect, hold your heads high, because your liberation is near at hand.'
29 And he told them a parable, 'Look at the fig tree and indeed every tree.
30 As soon as you see them bud, you can see for yourselves that summer is now near.
31 So with you when you see these things happening: know that the kingdom of God is near.
32 In truth I tell you, before this generation has passed away all will have taken place.
33 Sky and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
34 'Watch yourselves, or your hearts will be coarsened by debauchery and drunkenness and the cares of life, and that day will come upon you unexpectedly,
35 like a trap. For it will come down on all those living on the face of the earth.
36 Stay awake, praying at all times for the strength to survive all that is going to happen, and to hold your ground before the Son of man.'
37 All day long he would be in the Temple teaching, but would spend the night in the open on the hill called the Mount of Olives.
38 And from early morning the people thronged to him in the Temple to listen to him.

Jeremiah 31 v 1 - 14
1 When that time comes, Yahweh declares, I shall be the God of all the families of Israel, and they will be my people.
2 Yahweh says this: They have found pardon in the desert, those who have survived the sword. Israel is marching to his rest.
3 Yahweh has appeared to me from afar; I have loved you with an everlasting love and so I still maintain my faithful love for you.
4 I shall build you once more, yes, you will be rebuilt, Virgin of Israel! Once more in your best attire, and with your tambourines, you will go out dancing gaily.
5 Once more you will plant vineyards on the mountains of Samaria (those who plant will themselves enjoy the fruit).
6 Yes, a day will come when the watchmen shout on the mountains of Ephraim, 'Up! Let us go up to Zion, to Yahweh our God!'
7 For Yahweh says this: Shout with joy for Jacob! Hail the chief of nations! Proclaim! Praise! Shout, 'Yahweh has saved his people, the remnant of Israel!'
8 Watch, I shall bring them back from the land of the north and gather them in from the far ends of the earth. With them, the blind and the lame, women with child, women in labour, all together: a mighty throng will return here!
9 In tears they will return, in prayer I shall lead them. I shall guide them to streams of water, by a smooth path where they will not stumble. For I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my first-born son.
10 Listen, nations, to the word of Yahweh. On the farthest coasts and islands proclaim it, say, 'He who scattered Israel is gathering him, will guard him as a shepherd guarding his flock.'
11 For Yahweh has ransomed Jacob, rescued him from a hand stronger than his own.
12 They will come, shouting for joy on the heights of Zion, thronging towards Yahweh's lavish gifts, for wheat, new wine and oil, sheep and cattle; they will be like a well-watered garden, they will sorrow no more.
13 The young girl will then take pleasure in the dance, and young men and old alike; I shall change their mourning into gladness, comfort them, give them joy after their troubles;
14 I shall refresh my priests with rich food, and my people will gorge themselves on my lavish gifts, Yahweh declares.

No comments:

Post a Comment